Staying ahead of the game in the technology sector is no mean feat. In 2016, the industry is moving at a faster pace than ever before and technology companies such as Airbnb, Uber or Spotify are even blurring sector lines, dominating and disrupting more traditional industries. So what does it take to get ahead and stay there? Superior technology is the obvious answer, but let’s not forget the people with the ideas that shape the technology and the companies around it.
A pioneering attitude
To be a pioneer and hold a leadership position in the tech space requires dedication, focus, determination, agility, a learning culture and (perhaps most importantly) the willingness to continuously improve. It requires the kind of people who want to challenge the status quo, who are brave enough to put their heads above the parapet. People who are courageous enough to fail and to turn that learning into a future opportunity.
Today’s companies need highly skilled, smart, global, digital natives. But finding, attracting, developing and retaining them is not always easy. More often than not the corporate structure isn’t able to adapt easily to the change that these pioneers inspire. A company culture that is influenced by too much structure and not enough organisational flexibility and agility can become a constraint.
Cultivating the right culture
Achieving such a culture doesn’t happen overnight - particularly for more traditional companies. It requires on-going dedication, a plan and a behavioural framework that encourages forward-thinking. At Cognifide, we’ve identified 5 behaviours that we believe will help us to hire the best and stay ahead of the game:
- We hire for cultural fit. We are constantly looking for people who wish to excel in a diverse, open minded, international environment. No shrinking violets, please!
- We encourage people to challenge the status quo. Yes, your opinion is allowed to differ from that of your manager! We believe that people should not be afraid to speak their mind. We encourage everyone to speak up and own their space.
- We don’t get sentimental. The ‘good old days’ are not for us because tomorrow is the space to be in and today is when we plan ahead in order to stay ahead.
- We train. Training doesn’t just start with our great induction program but is continuous throughout your Cognifide career. To keep the best, you need to invest!
- We give back. People want to belong to an organisation where they’re valued as people. They also want their work to be part of something ‘bigger’.
Cognifide is a unique place with unique people. This is because it takes that certain extra something to become part of the team. It is well known that many people resist change because it’s safer to just have things stay the way they are. Our people however live change!
Those who are brave enough to look ahead, to challenge, to take ownership and carry the responsibility that comes with it, are the people we’re looking for at Cognifide.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch!
We are currently hiring for various roles, take a look and see where you might fit in.